Health System Quality Assurance's top priority is to protect and improve the health of people in Washington State. We do this by helping to prevent injuries, develop health systems and improve patient safety. We work closely with communities and local health partners to build strong health systems and prevention programs. This helps ensure that everyone has access to good healthcare and emergency medical services.
Health Systems Quality Assurance (HSQA) regulates and supports more than 404,000 health professionals in 83 health professions, and 7,000 health groups and programs. Each year we review nearly 9,800 complaints and inspect thousands of facilities. Each month we respond to about 20,000 phone calls and thousands of emails.
The HSQA Division
- Maintains and strengthens the state's health systems, both rural and urban.
- Is the primary contact for the public, health providers, facilities, emergency management services and many other customers.
- Processes new applications for close to 400 health professionals each day.
- Inspects and regulates medical and community facilities.
- Investigates and prosecutes complaints against healthcare providers and facilities.
Martin Mueller, Assistant Secretary
Sam Marshall, Deputy Assistant Secretary
Customer Service Center